Boxing Day

5:32 pm


My day started late today due to a certain someone ( who is currently reading this over my shoulder while giving me his "look" ) hehe. Both  of us were still in our Christmas mood. Lazy bums in pyjamas hangin' out at home. Except the fact that I was awake while Mr. Lazy was fast asleep, snoring and dreaming about fast and furious cars... Our day started at 11am. We showered and got ready and went to Selfridges.

Boxing day

The most craziest day in Post Christmas history.

Why? Boxing day, which occurs every 26 th of December is traditionally the day following christmas.When servants and tradesmen would receive their gifts known as  a "Christmas Box"  from their bosses/employers. Today, boxing day is the bank holiday observed in Uk, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia... etc.

Not trying to sound like a complete snob, but back to me. Jamal and i made our way to Selfridges by foot. It was such a lovely day. Though it wasn't sunny, I enjoyed the weather, it was very surreal. Such pleasant weather to stroll in.

Selfridges was not as crazy as I thought it would be. Well, that was because we entered through the back door. Everyone was entered through the front door. What can I say, we've got 2 bad ass' in the house. Jamal wanted to check something out , so we did that first. Walked around a bit but i got a bit dizzy because there were so many human beings walking, pushing in Selfridges. We came across Topshop and holy f, the girls were like vulchers and the clothes on sale were like dead meat ( their food of course)

Mind you that topshop in England is very very cheap. Eg. A plain white shirt costs £4 ( RM 20 ) Amazing right? I mean, If i were them i'd totally go all PUMA.  Imagine that EVERYTHING WAS ON SALE. Sadly, I didn't buy anything,  couldn't stand being the congested building. I couldn't stand it.


We went window shopping after to kill time before seeing my parents for dinner. While strolling the streets of Oxford, we came across this quaint waffle cafe. I couldn't resist. I had a pecan and butterscotch with vanilla ice-cream waffle, while Jamal just had a double shot Expresso and lemonade. They tasted heavenly , it was worth £5.



Dinner was at this Chinese place in Queensway, Bayswaters. We had aromatic crispy duck, fried rice, beef stew, lobster noodles and chicken with roasted cashew nuts. Always something new and delicious when we have dinner with my parents. They seem to know everything thats good.



We then decided to go to WinterWonderland since it was cloudy and not raining. The ride were so freaky! I really wanted to go on something but I was too chicken to even try. My excuses were  " oh it's too cold, I won't be able to hold the bars" "we just had dinner, we might puke! " So we ended up spending £40 on stall games. THEY ARE SO ADDICTIVE! Calm yo tits everyone, we didn't win anything...


SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments