A trip to the land of Walt Disney

10:15 am











"I am interested in entertaining people, in bringing pleasure, particularly laughter, to others, rather than being concerned with 'expressing' myself with obscure creative impressions."
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
-Walt Disney 

Walter Elias (1909-1966) formerly known as "Walt" Disney was a film maker, cartoonist, animator, entertainer and entrepreneur. Famous for his various fictional characters such as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy ; had won 22 Academy Awards from 59 nominations. 

On my first trip to Paris, I was given the privilege to visit his animated theme park, The Disneyland Park and Walt Studios. The price for a one day ticket (fast pass) for two parks (disneyland + walt studios) had cost me approximately 65 + euros and to me I believe that it is definitely worth paying for. We departed for Disneyland at RER A, Charles-de-Gaulle Etoile for 35 minutes to the last stop of the line which was Marne-La-Valley/Chessy. We sort of left the city centre pretty late, approximately half past 10 in the morning. The train ride was an experience for me as trains/tubes in Paris are different compared to the ones in Malaysia and London. There are double decked trains as well as single decked ones. They're not that spacious to be honest, there aren't many seats to begin with. I prefer tubes in London.

I couldn't contain myself as I was full of excitement. I had to wait 20 years of my life to actually get the opportunity to finally go to Disneyland oh boy was I excited! When we arrived Marne-le-Valley the first thing I saw was the park sign. I tugged on Jamal to hurry so that we could get into the park and start exploring. We went on a Thursday as despite it being winter break, was wasn't a que at the entrance, alhamdulillah. Passed the gate and the first thing I saw was Cinderella's castle. Guys, at 20 years old, I freaked out. 

I was speechless

There weren't many rides as Thorpe Park or Six Flags but there were a handful of old rides there. There were mostly things to see rather than to go on. Ideally, the rides are for kids, but there are a few  rides that adults may enjoy like my personal favourite, Space Mountain. As most of you know, I am a scary cat and definitely not an adrenaline junkie unlike my other half, Jamal who is the opposite of me. Before we left London for Paris, we went to Winter Wonderland (London) Jamal really wanted to go on the rides but I was too scared. Come on, its winter and the rides are out in the open. The bars are C-O-L-D, how am I SUPPOSED TO HOLD ON TO THEM!? seriously, what If i die. Another was when we went to USS during summer with our friends. I hyperventilated before going on a kiddy ride. Yes, it was that bad. But I wasn't like that before though. Those Genting days, Yamas Alynn and I would go on the Solero shot many times! 

Back to Disneyland....

We visited every disney crook and canny, high low, princess to adventure land. We saw everything. Around 430pm, we noticed that people were standing on the pavements as there was going to be a Disney parade soon. Of course I waited to see it. I was like a  little girl hehe after we were done and through with the Disneyland Park, we made our way to the Disney Studios. We walked around and had our "fatty" lunch at one of the fast food diners. We managed to go on only one ride there, coast something. The theme was finding Nemo. It was so fast and spinny! Jamal went on the "solero" of Walt disney. I was too scared to go on it, so I chose to wait downstairs instead. 

As night approached, we thought we would just check out Disneyland Park one more time before we leave. I really wanted to see Cinderella's castle at night so both of us casually walked there. There were a  large number of people in front of the castle for some reason at 550pm and my first instinct was... FIREWORKS AT 6PM. 615pm passed, the crowed started to grow even more but sill nothing. Okay, maybe 630pm? still nothing.. In the end i heard someone asking the lady beside us what time the show was going to start and she answered 7pm. Jamal and I literally stood there for and hour. Our knees felt like there were about to turn into jelly! Nevertheless it was worth it. It wasn't a firework show but it was like a display show. Where there were singing and dancing holographs.

Although I wad to wait a long time till I was able to visit the famous Disneyland, It was definitely worth it as I was able to experience it with one of my favourite people. Nevertheless, I still wished that my parents were there as well so that I could share my happiness and excitement with them. 

Note:
I have no idea why the whole text is in Bold. I rechecked it 4 times and resaved it. But its still in Bold for some reason. Sorry guys

SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments