Skin Tips

7:37 pm

Many have asked me how I got fair in a short period of time after years and years of playing hockey under the hot sun.. So today, I decided to share some tips with all my fellow blog followers. As some of you may know, I used to play field hockey. This sport requires you to be under the blazing hot sun most of the time and that's why most hockey players are fairly tan/really tan. Here are some tips that might help you as it helped me.

Tip #1
When playing sports that requires you to be under the sun, I suggest you wear a hat. During training sessions, I would wear a hat, a long sleeve sports top and long sweat pants. These will protect your skin from the sun. People find it uncomfortable when they wear a hat while training/playing games because some say the hat  would get in the way of their vision. But really, it helps. If you find it such a problem, I think your hat is in the wrong size. Remember to always adjust the strap to your desired length so that it won't be loos and it wont be too tight when running. 

Tip #2
In conjunction to Tip #1, sunblock is quite important too. Most people don;t know how to apply sunblock correctly. Instead of applying it and leaving it on your skin 'till after sports, you are supposed to apply it on your skin and leave it in for approximately 2 hours or so. Then, you are advised to wash it off and reapply it because for example, lets say athletics. You apply sunblock and then you run, you would definitely sweat. The sweat will then wash away your applied sunblock and therefore, the sunblock will be less effective. For it to be more effective, you're advised to reapply your sunblock at least twice.

Tip #3

This is Bedak Sejuk as the Malays call it however the Chinese call this " Sui Fan" (if i'm not mistaken).It’s actually made of rice,pandan leaves and fresh floral fragrance and It contains no chemical. I am not sure if what they claim about no chemical added is being true, but I’ll leave it as that.This is like your typical powder, but it’s in tablet form and for you to be able to use it, you will need to mix it in some water and spread it over your face.I usually use about 4-5 tablets and mix in some tap water.


It becomes a slightly watery paste and I slab it all over my face and leave it to dry. It goes on slightly whitish when wet and then it turns into a ghostly white powder on your face once dried. It gets whiter and thicker, as the more tablets you use. Usually it takes no longer than 5 to 10 mins for it to dry off and once dried, I just use a big fluffy brush and brush the excess off, and go to sleep. By the way, I don’t use this during the day because I don’t think it’s possible for me to put on sunscreen/moisturizer/serum or anything after using this, so I use it only at night before bed. Sometimes, I even leave it on and go to bed. Some of you might ask, "Wont your bed get dirty?" I mean c'mon it's just powder. If it gets onto your pillow or sheets, I think you can just fluff it off clean.
It helps in whitening & in lightening blemishes and freckles, but one things for sure, it sure does help in the oil control properties. I usually wake up to unusually smooth and oil free face the next morning and generally my skin feels great.It does help to dry off small pimples too. I love this on hot nights because my face will never feel “stuffy” and for me, it isn’t drying though, but for dry skin girls, you might wanna do a patch test first.Usually after training ( after showering) I would apply bedak sejuk onto my face and relax. In addition, this bedak sejuk can be applied all over the body. Arms, legs, neck.. you name it!
Tip #4
This is something new I've been using for almost 3 months now. This is the Facial Lift Emulsion from SK-II. I realized that western brands don't really go well with my skin type so my mum told me that most asians need to use asian products as our skin is differently compared to the westerners. SK-II can be used by girls over 19 because the items in the serum are very strong and rich. So girls below 19, do not try this product, unless you want your face to be irritated and be covered by red dots. I would pump just a little into my index fingers and rub it into the skin of my face after morning and night showers. It helps moisturize the skin and helps the skin glow. However too much will make your skin oily.

Tip #5
Every morning and night I would wash my face with St. Ives Apricot Fresh Skin Cleanser and on alternate days I would scrub my face with St Ives Apricot Scrub. This will help exfoliate all the unwanted,dead and dry skin off and would give you a smoother base. Beside that, every once in a while, I would use a rehydrating mask/ a peel off mask to help with the exfoliating of the skin. Don't forget to use toner after that/a moisturizes after.

Note: The blackhead strips remover should not be used as it only increases the number of pores when it claims to reduce blackheads. I suggest you spend on a trip to the spa to get blackheads removed by professionals. 

P/S:
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or ask me on Ask.fm . 


SJY


You Might Also Like

0 comments