A red affair

12:14 pm

THE RED TOUR

The first time i discovered a Taylor Swift song was back in 2007 when i was in the bus on my way to Pulau Pinang for my annual hockey match, along with my teamates.  The first song I had ever heard  was Love Story and that time it was supposed to be her 2nd hit (i think). Her first hit was Teardrops On My Guitar which at that time I was not aware of. I remember singing Love Story all the way from Kuala Lumpur 'till Pulau Pinang. I sang it so much that everyone, including the boys memorised the song. In fact, it wasn't even the whole song, i only knew the chorus haha wasn't even sure whether i sang the right lyrics, but i know it sounded right

My obsession over Taylor made me pick up my old guitar. I searched for her songs on youtube and chords online and sang. I was so obsessed! I felt like her music and how I felt that time,connected. As  crazy as it seems, it was as if we were going through the same thing, especially when she sang the song "13" one of my favourites. I was thirteen back then, i definitely could relate. I bought her first album Taylor Swift which included Tim McGraw, Picture To Burn, Teardrops On My Guitar, A Place In This World, Cold As You, The Outside, Tied Together With A Smile, Stay Beautiful, Should've Said No, Mary's Song (Oh My My My), Our Song, I'm Only Me When I'm With You, Invisible, A Perfectly Good Heart in 2007 from Rock Corner in KLCC. 

I had a sony walkman back then, so it was acceptable to actually buy cd's from music shops. Unlike now, when you can just download/buy everything online. Her 2nd album was released not much long after in 2008, Fearless. I thought to myself, " i HAVE to get my hands on her cd, this woman is amazing!" weeks after, i did.  i bought it. Her 2nd album was better than expected, honestly better than the first one. It included Jump Then Fall, Untouchable, Forever & Always (Piano Version), Come In With The Rain, Superstar, The Other Side Of The Door, Fearless, Fifteen, Love Story, Hey Stephen, White Horse, You Belong With Me, Breathe, Tell Me Why, You're Not Sorry, The Way I Loved You, Forever & Always, The Best Day and Change. 

I remember that i only started playing the guitar again because of her. She was such an inspiration to not just me, but i think to almost all girls around the world. She started writing her "lucky" number on the corner of her hand (upper palm, i don't know) and i noticed that the girls in school who decided to  do the same. It was kind of a way for them to wish themselves luck and not jinx it. Everyone who knew how to play the guitar wanted to be like Taylor Swift, including me

Ever since i first heard her first song till this very day, Love Story would always be my favourite song. It means so much to me, all the things i could relate to , all the things that happened when that song came out. Everything. Its just amazing, the fact that someone out there feels completely the same way as you do. Its funny and amazing at the same time. Like who knew right?

After 6 years of fan girling over Taylor Swift, i finally got to see her last weekend ( 1st february) with the person i love and at the place i have been longing for. Jamal and i left for the tube station at around 530pm because we decided to get a bite to eat at Chipotle, a mexican bar. The food there is amazing! I will blog about that some other time, thats for sure. We arrived O2 Arena, North Greenwich at about 6pm. the tubes were not as packed as I thought. At the tube station, i sort of saw a malay girl and boy and i jokingly said to my boyfriend in malay " eh tengok tu, bukan melayu ke? mesti nam pergi concert taylor swift" and she suddenly made her was towards us. I was like " holy shi* did she hear us?" she introduced herself and her boyfriend to us and asked where we were going. I found it odd cause she was a total stranger to me. i told her we were on our was to a concert in greenwich. "taylor Swift?" i nodded. "us too *laughs* " how awkward was that?

We totally lost them after we got to Greenwich because they took the wrong turn as there too many people at our stop. There were quite a number of people in the tube and i was a few girls who were sort of in "fan girl" clothes. there was this one girl who wore a diy oncsie with "fearless" and "13" and "22" written all over it. Also, she painted cat whiskers in her face and wore the cat ears headband. i was like whoa. So this is how fan girls dress. In Malaysia, people aren't really open sharing their "fanaticness" with the rest, most of them are shy to do so. But not here, these people have got guts i swear. I saw some other weird dressing, like tutus and some other weird kind of dressing.

Our view was pretty sweet if you asked me. the opening show was performed by and local indie band who started of as youtubers called, The Vamps. Their songs were alright but i wasn't really a fan. The only song i enjoyed out of the 5 songs they sang was their cover of Mr. Brightside by The Killers. thats mainly because i know the lyrics of the song. not a valid reason but still :p

Concert Set List:
  1. State oF Grace
  2. Holy Ground
  3. Red
  4. You belong with me
  5. The lucky one
  6. Mean
  7. 22
  8. Fearless
  9. Sparks fly
  10. Lego house ( special appearance form Ed Sheeran himself )
  11. I knew you were trouble 
  12. All too well
  13. Love Story
  14. Treacherous
  15. We are never getting back together

Since it was her opening night, Jamal and i were in for a big surprise. Not only was Ed Sheeran there, but she was going to sing an extra 2 songs! The other dates, she was only going to sing about thirteen songs and Ed was not going to make a surprise performance. Hehe pretty lucky if i may say. 












It was, hands down the best performance I have ever seen. Alhamdulillah ,that i was given this opportunity to actually see her live after these years. The show was completely fantastic and Taylor sounded exactly the same! Truly blessed.

SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments