Hari raya 2016

1:11 am

The first week of raya is over and done with and now we are approaching the end of the second week of raya. How time flies... With the loss of an important and loved family member this year, none of us were ready to have such a big open house on the first day of raya. Usually mummy and daddy would invite tones of their friends and relatives and we'd make pots and pots of rendang as well as other mouth watering dishes. This year, daddy only invited one 2 friends; one of them being uncle Murad who is my dads like BFF and some other guy (not sure who he is, my dad told me but i forgot hehe) My mum invited one of her childhood friend , but she came after everyone had left. The rest were just relatives and some very close friends like Aunty Abita's family etc. I wasn't complete sure whether it was appropriate to invite my friends since we would be celebrating raya; one person short, so I didnt invite anyone.


Mum/Me:

"How many of your friends are coming Sara?"

"None"

"Why?"

"I don't know, is it even appropriate for me to?"

"You can invite some friends over, Sara"

So I did, and I felt a little bad. I didn't invite many just a few numb skulls (luv u ) from Podgy and Devis - Ji, Faz, Sarah, Vivian and Zetty was there for like 10 seconds. She had to leave afterwards. I did mention to them before inviting them that since I had lost a family member, I wasn't too sure whether I could or should or whether it was appropriate for me to invite anyone over. Back then, we weren't even sure whether we were going to have a raya open house because we were all just too devastated by this sudden loss.

But I guess, having some people over cheered my mum up a bit. It was a good call to go on with just a small raya open house because then my parents would be able to be happy and not be in grief. just having immediate friends and family was just right for what we were going through.

Thank you coming everyone and Selamat Hari Raya to all my readers x







Sara


You Might Also Like

0 comments