The Classiest Classic

9:17 am






Since 1957 when Breakfast At Tiffany's mega-star Audrey Hepburn wore them in the movie Funny Face, the classic became such a huge hit! Everyone who was everyone wanted to get their hands on them. 

These were my first ever Chanel flats I bought. The ones above are the lambskin ballerina flats in classic two toned with a 0.4 inch heel. Light beige for the "body" which is the most part of the shoe with a black cap at the tip of the shoe. When I first got them, I wore them everyday and everywhere. They were so light, comfortable and complimented my entire wardrobe. Honestly, these flats are just so beautiful, they can make any style look feminine. Throw on a tom-boy look and these babies would get you looking all girly. I love how the shoe can be so simple yet so classy.

I am happy to say that the quality of these shoes are marvellous. As some of you know, when I buy shoes I use them everywhere and all the time which is pretty bad. Some tell me to only wear them during occasions just incase they get ruined or scuffed and because they are pretty pricey. Look at it this way, you've bought them- wear them. They're yours. My shoes are still in great condition (to me at least) even though I have ran in them, cycled in them, walked on the grass in the park etc. 

In term of protecting them, I just don't use them when its raining outside. You don't want to end up throwing them away when they get wet and badly damaged. Other than that, I practically live in them. These flats also keep the structure of your foot. Even if you have over worn them, their shape  will still remain. The only thing that I had to change after two months of purchasing these flats were the soles. I bought these in England and did a lot of walking here until the soles were worn out. So I got them repaired in Malaysia. Since then, I haven't had any problems with them.

Although seasons come and go, class is forever. To be honest, I am not the kind of person who religiously follows trends, crazy colours and statement luxury items. I usually go for the same of colours, a warm palette and on some occasions where I want to get a little crazy, I'd go for red. I guess when it comes to fashion, I'm kind of risk averse. Green and yellow are out the question for me. When I decide to purchase something, I look at its practicality. I'd think about what I can pair it up with and whether or not it can fit my style. 

Comfort is a must.

The 2017 Chanel Pre-Summer Collection have a range of beautiful lambskin ballerina flats similar to the ones I have however, the colour gives out a more statement vibe rather than a subtle one. They have the same design in blue which i find still acceptable, red (stilll nice) and green. I like the colours, but green wouldn't complement the colours I have in my wardrobe. I'd say I was pretty lucky when I bought them since they don't have them in stock now. 

I highly recommend saving money and splurging on this. Out of all the Chanel flats I own, these are definitely my go-tos. They are definitely worth it. 




SJY



You Might Also Like

0 comments