LanZhou Mee Tarik

10:01 pm





A while back, my parents and I went for a Mee Tarik hunt and we ended up at LanZhou Mee Tarik Restaurant located in the heart of China Town. It was a very hot morning and to be honest, I wasn't too happy about having piping hot noodles for brunch. I was thinking more of scrambled eggs with a side of sourdough and beef bacon and a nice cold iced coffee. Nevertheless, I was dragged out of the house.

Willingly, we started our journey and luck was in our favour that day as we managed to find a great parking spot under a tree! The walk from the open car park to the restaurant didn't take long, we just had to cross a busy road - no biggie.

You are greeted at the restaurant by a talking parrot chained at the leg. It'll greet you and make some loud bird sounds and the first thing I do since we are entering a Chinese muslim restaurant, greet it with "Assalamualaikum...." Unfortunately, my greeting was inevitably ignored.

(s-salāmu ʿalaykum is a greeting in Arabic that means "Peace be upon you").

We got a table for three and ordered drinks instantly. That short walk really took a toll on us that we had to get a nice cold drink. I took a glimpse at the menu and saw Fresh Coconut and didn't think twice. I ordered it of course. As for food, we ordered 1) Hand pulled beef soup (something like a beef pho) 2) Hand pulled chicken wanton mee 3) lamb dumplings.

The dumplings arrived first. For a foodie, I tend to judge the appearances of dishes. I know its bad, but it is something that I need to work on. Frankly speaking, I can be adventurous but I'm a little picky. But because my tummy was starting to rumble, I took a dumpling and shoved it into my mouth trying not to think about the appearance of the dumpling skin moving left to right in my mouth. As I chewed and chewed, I enjoyed the rich flavour of the lamb and the dumpling skin wasn't too bad too! It just looked unappetising to me. Ugly dumpling skin aside, id rate this dish 8/10. Honestly, I'm kinda craving for this and might head to the restaurant after this CMO is lifted. 

The second and third dish arrived. The soupy dish and the wanton mee. Personally, I like the Mee Tarik Beef Soup more than the wanton dish. The soup dish was massive and could feed approximately 2 people. The ramen was chewy yet tender and the beef slices in the soup were generous and fresh.

All in all I'd give the restaurant a solid 8/10 - I definitely would recommend this place if you are craving a good ol' pulled noodle dish. Oh ya, and don't forget to order their lamb dumplings cause that was gooooooood.


SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments