Brunch | Shoreditch

12:24 am







Since I can never wake up at an appropriate time to have breakfast out, I tend to go for a much later option, brunch. A combination of both breakfast and lunch. The only time when it is acceptable to order from the "lunch" menu at 11 am.

Waking up late and being all groggy from starvation in which I call sleep, I would always need a go to brunch spot to satisfy my hunger PMS cravings. Shoreditch isn't that far from me, I can either walk , take a bus or the tube (overground). I'd usually walk or bus it. One of my most favourite brunch/breakfast/lunch places around that area would probably be Friends Of Ours; an independent cafe that serves brunch and speciality coffee. You will never get bored with this places as they are constantly changing their menu according to the season. Recently, their newest selection in their summer menu consists of the ever so famous poké bowl, bao, eggs and pancakes with other delicious delicacies.

The food is great but mind you, on a busy morning especially during the weekends, make sure you pop by early. No bookings or reservations, its a first come first serve kind of thing. Make sure all members of the party are present, only then they would allocate you a table.

Food is great. Above I ordered the Ahi Tuna Poké Bowl, Chicken Bao, and their ricotta pancakes. Service is great and the baristas are very friendly. However, food may at times take quite some time to arrive at your table. Why? recently we just found out that they only have a small kitchen downstairs with only two people working. So that pretty much explains why our food would take so long to arrive. Nevertheless, when it does, it is definitely worth the wait.

If you're based in London or on a holiday, don't forget to drop by Friends Of Ours in Hoxton for some  delicious brunch! I would recommend either the ricotta pancakes or their sweet french toast (always with different syrups and flowers depending on the season) for sweet dishes and the chicken bao, or folded eggs with pastrami or the poke bowl for savoury dishes.

Friends Of Ours
61 Pitfield Street
London N1 6BU
Hoxton


SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments