A shrimp thing

5:11 pm




My Current Obsession.

S H R I M P S

If you don’t trust yourself with a pet to take care off, then these babies are the best kind of pets for you. Almost no maintenance needed! It lives up to 20 years and only need to be fed once every 1 to 2 weeks. You don’t need any fancy oxygen tanks like those fancy big aquariums. All you need is a cool hipster looking beaker, a little branch, some algae, little pebbles and sand. EASY! Almost all pet shops would sell shrimp accessories so don’t fret.

So, recently I got myself a new pet (obviously Pudeen my OG love of my life is still my number one kitty), my shrimps stand at number 2 hehe sorry babies. Supershrimps also known as Opae ula, a Haiwaiian red shrimp (halocaridina rubra). They look exactly like how prawns or shrimps would look like, but they are tiny! No surprises there now Sherlock.

I stumbled upon them at my office actually. Funny story, my colleague and I were walking and she stopped to say hello to one of her Senior Executives. I couldn’t help but notice a rather interesting looking beaker that at that time to me looked as if it was a mini aquarium. I stopped and had a little chat with her about her office pets and she told me that they were actually Hawaiian Shrimp!!! I fell in love with them almost instantaneously. Theres something about them that I find so fascinating.

She passed me the number of the guy she bought them from (vendor is called The Shrimp Thing) and I searched for them on Facebook. I really couldn’t sleep that night, all I could do was wonder where I could get my hands one these cool shrimps. At 2 am, I slid into the vendors DMs and asked him where I could buy the shrimps from – he told me that he would be at Starling Mall over the weekend. DING DING DING that’s my queue. Over the weekend, I purchased my very first school of prawns.

I had chosen a bulb shaped beaker with 6 shrimps in them and at the last minute I decided to buy an additional two shrimps because why not right? OK, lets talk about costing. The beaker itself with all the shrimp accessories costs RM200 and every additional shrimp you get is RM15 EACH. I’m not going to lie, it was pretty expensive. But its just one of those things. It whether you like them and want them enough to spend that much on little prawns. I really really wanted them because I wanted to leave them in the office. Something to look forward to, everyday at the office.

I’ll leave the vendors link below for those who are interested. As well as a website on the shrimps for those who would like to learn more!

https://m.facebook.com/theshrimpthing/

https://www.petshrimp.com/


SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments