Motivation

3:45 am

                            Every morning look into the mirror and say "I can do better"


As far as I can remember I have been juggling sports and school continuously since the young age of 8. Activities outside the classroom has always been apart of me. Let it be sports, clubs or societies. I didn't just stick to one sport. I did taekwando, athletics, hockey, etc. I was constantly on the go. If I wasn't at the hockey pitch, I would be at tuition centres or school , or at home studying. But in my high school days , studying never bothered me. I mean I was bumped out when I get bad grades and what not but I didn't have the hunger to achieve what I could've and I regret that everyday now. 

I didn't really get good results for SPM but I know i did my best and I managed to ace all the subjects which I thought was my core (haha, bad example guys). I started A levels straight after at Taylors Hartamas. I did so badly in the first half that I had to rest most papers in my second half. In the end I did not get a place win university when all my friends did. So I had to retake them again. I had disappointed my parents once again. Its hard for me, being an only child, and having to disappoint them constantly. The pressure is real..I can say that, that was once of the hardest years of my life. I was discouraged and down in the dumps.

My downfall helped me change my lifestyle ( studying wise) and  I realised myself that I wanted something more with my life. I remember way back, my mum would advice me right after I get back my results from school (obviously i did badly ) that I shouldn't be doing this with my life and that she won't be able to help bail me out or anything. That i shouldn't wait for something bad to happen to me to make me realise otherwise. I didn't listen to her thinking that nothing like that would ever happen to me. But guess what, Karma is a bitch. I was at my lowest, and i knew i had to do something about it.

I was determined to work hard and show everyone my capability. But most of all, I was tired of lying to myself because I know i'm not stupid, i was just plain lazy. Truth be told, the day I received my results (again) I had shocked everyone and even myself especially . I never knew i had it in me. Who knew the girl who slept in high school at the back of the classroom, who never got anything more that 4A's in anything , scored a perfect straight A* A* A* . The feeling was amazing! I didn't know I had it in me. I could proudly call myself a straight A* student. Obviously my family and relatives and people whom I am close to were happy for me. I did better than all those people who claimed to be "smart" in school. WHO KNEW.  I was accepted my CASS Business School, of City University London which is currently ranked the number one business school in London. I am grateful for all the support,motivation and prayers that everyone has given me. But most of all, I would like to owe it to me for not loosing hope and for believing in myself. In general, what enabled me to reach my goal was the fact that i changed. I am glad I did. 

No its not late for any of you who have the same problem as me. I don't believe people are stupid. I think everyone is smart and intelligent. You just have to find it in you, believe it, and use the knowledge you are given to achieve what you want in your life let it be getting into a good university or what so ever. 

SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments