Little pamper

4:29 pm

M  A  K  E  U  P 


Eyes (Brows, lids, lashes)

After moisturising my face of course, I will always start my make up by filling in my brows first. Before hand, I would grow them first. Either pluck them myself or get them threaded at the nearest brow shop. In Malaysia, I usually get mine done at the beautician however since Im living in London, i had to try other cheap alternative places to get them done. I get mine done for £25 at Blink in Selfridges or Top Shop Oxford Street. After I've groomed them, (either at home/ at the shop) I would fill them in carefully. I have elevated from filling my brows with a pencil to brow wax and lastly a brow pen which i find much more convenient compared to the other two. Nonetheless, It all depends on my mood on that day and whether or not I have time to fill them in. 

Eyebrows
a) Brow pen
Currently, i fancy using a brow pen to fill my brows in on a daily basis. It is fast and easy to use. It gives me a clean, sleek and sharp finish. If you are looking for that "fierce" brow game then i suggest you use a brow pen. The pen that I'm using in from Blink in the shade Indian Chocolate.

b) Brow wax
This brow wax that I used to go crazy about is from Benefit Cosmetics called Brow Zings in the shade medium. This kits consists of two segments, the wax (darker colour) and the powder itself (lighter shade). I love this kit! It also comes with a pair of mini tweezers so that you can pluck all those unwanted strays away. Compared to the brow pen, brow wax takes more time to apply for me. Sometimes when my bores are not groomed, I find it hard to fill them in. Also, i don't really have much brow hair and i have bald patches. This makes it hard for me to fill them in and make them look even. 

c) Brow pencil
I honestly do not  like using brow pencils to fill in my brows, namely because they never turn out the way I want it to be. It is always messy and i would end up disliking the final outcome. My current brow pencil is from Master Shape in the shade soft brown. Its different than other pencils because it is actually a crayon. I normally use this when I am too lazy to fill my brows in the morning. Since I just got my fringe cut, it covers my brows, so i use this because aint nobody gonna see my ugly brow game. haha

After filling in my brows, i normally set it with my Eyeko London Brow Gel in brown. It is a tinted brow gel that helps define the brows. Their nano brush and botanically-enriched tinted gel effortlessly defines brows for a natural finish. In addition, it features keratin and gingko bilabo to maintain a healthy brow look. 


Eyeliners
a) pencil Liner
In my early teenage years, I first cane across the pencil liner when i was 12. I wasn't even a teenager yet, oh gosh. I don't remember what brand it was but I remember it was my first make up purchase from Camellion in KLCC. Nowadays, experimenting suits me best. Out of the whole lot, I would then choose the best one for me. The only black pencil liner that i own so currently is my trusty Chanel pencil liner in no. 10. The perks of this liner would be the fact that you don't have to sharpen it every time you want to use it. Instead, you just twist the head of the liner and more of the substance will come out. It also has a sharpener at the back the sharpen the liner. The texture is nice,smooth and long lasting. Great for a chilled day out

b) Liquid liner
After years of using pencil liners, I moved on to the liquid liner. i have used many types of liners from silky girl to maybelline and now I am using Chanel'sl liquid liner in the shade 10. The brush is an ultra thin brush and helps you create a clean sleek look- perfect if you're going for that Pin up girl look. 

c) Gel Liner
The first time I tried the gel liner was two years ago. My friend Sherrie had introduced it to me when we were shopping in Selfridges. I had purchased the long-wear gel eyeliner from Bobbi Brown in the shade black ink 1. I love it and i would never leave the house without it. It was easy to apply as well. Along with the liner, I had purchased two liner brushes as well;  both being ultra fine brushes however one is slunted and the other looks like a normal brush. honestly, go for the slanted one as it help you create a better cat eye/wing.

d) gel Pen liner
This gel pen liner is from Benefit Cosmetics. I purchased this last summer in Sephora KLCC because I heard that it was the "in" thing to buy that time. I found it rather pricey if you ask me, I think I bought this for about RM70 + ? I don't really remember. Yes, when it comes to my money, anything above £20 / RM 50 is expensive. This liner is called 'They're Real Push- Up Liner'. Famous for its lash hugging gel liner pen, this liner takes some practice before use. When i first bough this I had to get used to applying it on my eye. I like the end product but I feel that if you made a mistake along the way, it is kind o hard to remove as it does not clean easily and leaves black marks. Other than that, this liner was created to make cat eyes/wings easy. 

e) Liner pen
Lastly, I have upgraded my liner game with a marker-like liner from Chanel in the shade 10. This is my favourite one so far. it gives me a clean look, it is easy to apply and easy to clean. I use this almost everyday and I am proud to say that it has helped boost my eyeliner game.

Lashes
I like mascara but I don't usually use it all the time. Mainly because to me, it is hard for me to clean. I feel like my lashes are going to fall off when i clean them. I haven't really invested any money in mascara but I am using my free 'They're Real' mascara from Benefit in the shade brown. I can't really comment on this because I'm not yet a mascara fan, but in a nutshell this is good enough for me. It doesnt clump and is really like. 

Cheeks
a) Bronzer
The bronzer that i've been using is also from Benefit Cosmetics called Hoola. it consists of 8.0g net wt, 0.28 oz of powder and has lasted me quite a long time. This bronzer is suits me and has done justice to my contouring.

b) Blush
I am using a Lancôme Blush in the shade Rose Fresque. It is a light rosie colour that just tints my cheeks ever so slightly. On days where I go out I would use to this to add colour to my face. Also, i noticed that this shade goes well when I am exposed to the light, i.e Summer and spring. 

c) Highlighter
My soft and gentle glittery highlighter form Mac does its justice by enhancing the face and by adding more life to it. Its sparkles are subtle and great for a long night out


Lips
My lipstick collection is not very large but for someone who isn't a beauty enthusiast, I can claim that my lipstick collection is A-okay

a) Chanel Rouge Allure 84
b) Chanel Allure Velvet 34
c) Chanel Rouge Allure 102
d) Chanel Rouge coco Shine 70
e) Chanel Rouge coco Shine 44
f) Chanel Rouge Allure 103
g) NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Versuvio
h) NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga
i) LIPS from Topshop in All about me
j) Dior - Dior addict Gloss 664

SJY



You Might Also Like

0 comments