Elkiez

2:46 pm






E  L  K    I  N     T  H  E     W  O  O  D  S

Elk in the woods is a quaint restaurant located in Angel and just a few shop lots from The Breakfast Club. I have been here a couple of times and i simply enjoyed the warm welcome and service. Theres something about the place that makes it feel rather cozy and warm. They also hung elk heads on the walls of the restaurant. As you can see, there are elk heads behind Jamal. I would usually take my partner Jamal to this place whenever he's in London. The service is great, the price is significantly affordable and its near my place thus it being really convenient for me. I can just hope on a bus to Angel (5 min bus ride - because I am too lazy to walk).

In the pictures above, we have the char-grilled rib eye steak with elk style butter and salad served with homemade chips and béarnaise sauce for £19.80. Second, we have the home smoked duck in cherry wood and orange peel, braised chicory, sautéed potatoes, bird gravy and Danish cherry for £17.00. Besides that, Jamal had also ordered an extra sides he is never pleased with just one plate. Don't mind me, i was just just being sarcastic and he knows... He had the spanish paprika fried cauliflower with fried capers and lemon which costed us £4.35. Both our drinks had costs us an additional £4 or £5 pounds each I think. 

The restaurant is open everyday from 9am to 11pm. If you decide to go during lunch or dinner hours, then i suggest you call and make a reservation first. The first time I went with Jamal, we went around lunch time and the que was so long. When it was finally our turn to be seated, the waiter said we would have to finish eating in an hour because there is a booking for that table in an hour. We had to quickly gobble our food and we weren't able to enjoy it. So call  020-7226-3535 and book table.

SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments