Hockey match

9:07 am


If you've had a bad day, here is a picture of a happy Irish girl doing her happy Irish Jump.


After almost 2 years of not playing competitive hockey, my university hockey team and I played a friendly match against University College London (UCL) at Lee Valley Hockey and tennis Centre nearby Stratford/ Westfield basically. On Monday, I had terrible food poisoning, from what I'm not sure but I it was utterly atrocious! I had puked and shat my pants approximately 5 times before I cold actually fall asleep which was about 2 am. I was in so much pain and I had no appetite to eat or drink or move... By Tuesday night, I felt fitter but still a little nauseous at times and come Wednesday morning I felt so much better. Made eggs and beans but I was able to finished either of them as i felt sick eating it. I was so nervous Id shit myself or puke throughout out journey to the field or during the game so I texted Katie ( in the picture above)describing my condition. Like any other person, she asked me to take a chill and calm myself down in which I obviously couldn't. I told her I wanted to get some gum, chocolates and an isotonic drink for the road and thus we left 10 mins earlier and made our way to the nearest convenient store by our place. Just incase anything 'bad" happens, I had packed a black plastic bag for incase I feel like puking, extra under ware and wipes hehe. I am not embarrassed telling you guys this because you know, just incase you're recovering from food poising and was wondering what to bring or what you should do; I have some useful tips for you.

We arrived the stadium and got changed into our gear. I was so so thankful that the weather was well yesterday. It was nice and sunny, breezy (not that great to be honest) and quite warm. It was just beautiful. It was also my first time playing on a blue astro turf. I wasn't able to play on a blue one back in Malaysia because i had left for England whilst they were doing the construction at Tun Razak Stadium. Not too sure about the KPM and DBKL stadium though. They might've changed those too. Usually, I would play either right wing/ right mid but when I played for City I played left wing/ right mid. It wasn't really a challenge for me to play left wing and I could easily reverse cross into the D however, my team had no "follow through" Id cross the ball into the D and its either theres no one to collect the ball or someone would stop the ball in a weird way and just lose the ball. Nevertheless, we won a good 4-0 against UCL. I scored a goal too! It was a reverse hit from the D that ended up to be a high ball. It managed to hit top net of the right side of the goal post. I was pretty impressed that I still had it in me. Usually id do the same and do a normal open blade hit from the right side of the D into the top right corner or the goal but this time it was the other way round. My team mates were impressed with my skills and so we the boys at the side line who were waiting for their game to start. 


SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments