Purpose tour 2016

8:14 am

Baby, baby, baby, ooohhh ˜


Tuesday, 11 October 2016.

Last October, some of my friends and I decided to splurge a little and treat ourselves to Bieber tickets for his 2016 Purpose Tour. We knew quite a number of songs, we thought; "What the heck! Lets buy them!" Not thinking twice about this huge decision, Isabella, Malvika and I went through different websites to try and find the best seats available for the tour. We managed to find one, CLICKED it and we were redirected to the check out page. £200 ++ for a single ticket!!

 WHAAAAAT!!!  

To be fair, at that moment of time I honestly had second thoughts. With £200 I could get myself a pair of shoes and dine t a really expensive place. On the other hand, I really did want to see Justin perform live as I did'nt manage to catch him live in Malaysia years ago. I bought them. I bought them. £200 ++ GONE. Just. LIKE. THAT ---- It was kinda sad...

A month before the event this year, all three of us received an e-mail reminding us of our upcoming event. Obviously we were excited! I knew quite a number of his songs especially his famous hits like Sorry and What do you mean?. 





In total he sang 21 songs including some hits from his previous albums like Baby and Boyfriend. I felt like I was 13 all over again, I was fangirling AGAIN. The concert started with him singing Where Are ü Now? with many back up dancers jumping and cramping behind him. I noticed that he had been lip syncing throughout the whole of this song but I'd like to make myself feel better by telling myself that the only reason he did that was because he was doing so much dancing that we would've been out of breathe and would not be able to finish the song whilst dancing. He did do some crazy dancing to be fair. So I'd like to keep it at that. After that, he played us two acoustics of Love Yourself and Cold Water. 

In between songs, Justin would try and connect with the audience by " Talking " to them. Not that everyone could hear what he was saying because everyone was just screaming all sorts of different things at the same time which drowned Justin. I couldn't make out what he was trying to say. He made this statement by asking the crowd to stop talking whilst he was talking. The way he said it was sort of rude but it you think about it, its kinda frustrating. Here you are trying to connect with your fans and all they want to do if shout and fangirl. I guess I see where he's coming from. After the concert the next day, there were many reports stating that Bieber was rude and had insulted the audience -- which I thought was complete bullocks. 

Lets be real. You wouldn't want someone talking whilst you are talking right? 

Overall, the concert was great and I ha an amazing time with my friends. I hadn't been to a concert in ages and this was definitely a blast and an awesome way to end such a crazy year!

Sara

You Might Also Like

0 comments