New Hair!

5:57 am

I believe this is much overdue post. in my draft box, I have three uncompleted posts about my new hair. I do this thing where I dye my hair once every year. Last year, I tried something new than my usual boring highlights. I tried this thing called and ombre balayage.  What are they you ask?


Ombre: "Two toned"in French. It is basically a a technique of colouring hair where the hair stylist would create this gradual lightening effect on your hair strand. Usually, dark towards the roots and lighter and lighter towards the ends.

Balayage: "Sweep / to paint" in French, it is a colouring technique that is popularly used in salons these days. It gives people that sin-kissed natural looking hair colour with softer less noticeable regrowth lines. 

In my first year of university, I had gotten a ombre balayage done and I really liked it. After several visits to the salon to get my monthly hair trim, the colour slowly went a way and i thought, ok I think its time to bring back the colour ends! I was really fond of my old hair and I just wanted it back in my life. I went only to the salon where I had it done to book my previous hair stylist but sad to say that he had stopped working there and moved back to Italy *boohoo. I wasn't exactly pleased about it because I actually trusted him with my hair. I had to go through the whole process of finding the right salon, right location, right hair stylist etc which was time consuming and rather stressful. In the end, I decided to take a shot and revisit my previous hair salon and just try their other hair stylists and just wish for the best.

I took a look at their most popular stylists and I was happy with him. He had a good review and kinda knew what he was going for when clients told him what they wanted to see as the end results of hair dying. Unfortunately for me, something is this universe was just not happy about me and just wanted me to suffer.... the only time that he would be able to see me would be a in a months time. I really wanted to surprise my parents with my hair before they arrive din England at that time so I settled for the second best hairstylist there (NAME SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED) --- I made my appointment with her at that was it. 

I told her what I wanted and showed her a picture of something similar as well. She was like ok thats really pretty it would look nice on you. Sitting on that chair with nothing to read, phone about to die ----my butt was sore. It took three hours. Once we were done she took a picture of my hair and asked me whether i liked it ... Truth is that, I felt like I didn't like it. I was speechless. I mean you just can't tell someone that you don't like the hair colour or the end product after a 3 hour process now really. I had to suck it up and hope that it would look acceptable the following day.

The horror.

The following day, the colour of my hair turned form blonde to brown. Relieved by this, I was happy with my hair, I really like it but not as much as my old colour hair. Whats done is done and theres no turning back....

Here are the end results!

(love/hate relationship with my hair right now)

 Right after i got it done and it looked really blonde! ( i wasn't too happy)

 The morning after

 From the back the same day 

A week after (outside under natural light) 

Sara

You Might Also Like

0 comments