Food Review #4

8:28 am

Y O L K I N 
40 Great Windmill Street, Soho
London, United Kingdom



This has been a rather popular sweet treat in London since since early 2015. I've heard of it for ages now but I only got to try it recently in 2016. Yolkin is famous for its unique and delicious ice-cream as well as macaron flavours. Every week, the store would have four different flavours for you to try from. The day that I went the flavours were Strawberry macaron with matcha ice-cream, blueberry macaron with cheese cake ice-cream and something else i can't remember-- Soz guys hehe  it was ages ago. 

Located in Soho, this little pop up store is kinda hard to find. City mapper or google maps may redirect you to a different restaurant but don't worry, Yolkin rented out that space every Sunday as that restaurant is closed every Sunday. Oh yeah, this business one operates every Sunday from either 12 pm or 2pm until they sell out. Depending on the demand on that day, they might run out super fast!

Went I went that day, I was lucky that there wasn't a Que.  However, that day their card machine was;t working so I had to walk 5 minutes away from the pop up store to take money out. Here's a friendly tip, bring some loose cash with you, you never know when it will come in handy. Especially on a day like that. 

Overall the ice-cream was worth its price. The macaroon was nice and fluffy and soft and crunchy at the same time. Although its been in the freezer for a long time, it didn't have that soggy feeling to it when you bite into your ice-cream macaroon sandwich. I had the blueberry and cheese cake sandwich. I'd give it a 6/10 rate. I did enjoy mine but it was just too big and sweet for my liking. As for Mira and Jamal, they had both gotten the match and strawberry macaroon sandwich. According to them theirs tasted really good. Apparently the match ice-cream wasn't too strong which made it nice and light. I'd say, if you're in London, I guess you have to try this at least ONCE, just for experience. 

Enjoy!

SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments