Hair

1:18 am


So I've been contemplating on whether I should get bangs since like... forever. But I've never really had the balls to actually do it. Personally, I think bangs are hot because they're messy. It really gives you that "mysterious" and "edgy" look. We're talking about messy long bangs and not the short straight Cleopatra ones . Eg. Katy Perry's Bangs in her "Thinking of You" music video. 

i.e Katy Perry's Cleopatra Bangs

I've been doing a lot of research on what hair styles suit me the best and here's what they had to say about me. First and foremost, as most of you all know I have an oval face ( long and narrow)  According to some of my sources, people with oval faces are super lucky because they're able to experiment with any kind of hairstyles. For example, bangs, side fringes , middle parting, curly/ straight hair. 

Here are some other tips:

Round: You should keep your hair flat on the sides. Rounded haircuts, such as bobs and curly, short hairstyles.

Long: Focus on getting volume with hairstyles that have width. For example, bobs, curly/wavy hair and bangs all look good. However, avoid too long and too straight cuts as it would elongate you face.

Heart: People with heart shaped faces look great with long and wavy hairstyles. This is defined by having a wide forehead and narrow chin. Also, avoid short layers . Example, Reese Witherspoon (heart shaped face) totally rocking her side swept fringe.

Square: To soften a square face, opt for softer styles like wispy bangs, layers and curls. Avoid chin-length cuts. 

Currently my hair is long and wavy. My side swept fringe is now too long to even function. I was casually strolling through some pictures and came across a few nice long haired hair styles. 



I am totally loving the girls' hair in the first picture. However, my hair is only 3 inches below my shoulder. It would probably take forever for me to grow it out and my hair would be full of split ends. I would love to try this hair style but I don't look good with a middle parting. As for the second picture, her hair looks more healthy. Slightly long, just about the length of my hair right now but with side swept bangs.  

I never really had bangs before. I tried cutting it myself a few years back in high school and It looked dreadful! It'll be short at the sides (desired length) but it never seems to cover my middle forehead. It's pretty funny if you think about it. Every time I decide to get bangs, all I do most of the time is just clip it to the back. It would take about 2 months for it to grow and for that period of time, my fringe would be pined up. Sad. If I do get bangs (cut by a professional this time) It would be a real life gamble. A girls' finest asset would probably be their hair.  Basically it's either I get bangs or just play it safe and go with my side swept fringe. Something that I had since I was 13. Boooring. What I really want is bangs like Taylor Swift. She is totally rocking it! Her best look ever.

Hair Colour

 I'm not really into dyeing my hair. It would be nice to have a different colour but its not really a big deal to me unlike fringes. Yes. The last time I dyed  ok not dyed but I got highlights. So the first time I got my highlights , it was in 2012. Early 2012. Not really that visible. A shade lighter than my original hair colour (Brown). I was thinking of getting my ends dyed. I wanted to early this year but apparently this year and last year were the "ombre" years. Everyone was doing it. Dip dying their hair , eg green/red/orange/pink. I didn't want to look like everyone else.  Now that 2013 is coming to an end , I'm sure that some celebrity would come up with a different hair style so that everyone else would copy that look at just leave dip dye's and ombres alone. 



The two pictures above is the sort of ombres I was thinking of getting. Light and subtle. Not too bold and bright ya know? I am so in love and I think it is just lovely. I mean , this look is good for me since I'm a little conservative about my hair and not daring like other people. Some of my friends just tell me to do it and if I don't fancy it I can just chop it off. Hello? No. 

What do you think? Help


SJY


You Might Also Like

0 comments