SAD SAD TIMES

1:33 pm




I'd like to tell you a little story about bag called Gucci. 

Luxury brands are great, for some not so. Either way, people are entitled to their own opinion. Some people love some hate it, some just don't really care. For me, shameless to say, I love it especially when it is passed down to me by my own mother. My mother's taste in style is a lot lot me today, we go for safe colour and designs. Nothing loud and bold. The backpack in the three pictures above is about 24 years old now and it still looks brand new! 

I remember going on holidays with my parents, this bag would be my mother's go to bag. My dad would bring a backpack, my mum would bring this bag and I would bring a small matching one. Kind cute if I must say hehe. Anywho, this legacy has been in the family for such a long time. Its even older than me and I have always yearned for the day that my mother would pass it down to me - which she did eventually. I honestly can't express how much I love this bag. I love the fact that its old and super soft. Even though the bag looks as if its worn out a little with all the scratches and stuff, I don't care at all because I know it has sentimental value and that the woman whom I love had passed it down to me. The bag has seen so much, traveled to so many places. It is a true vintage gem. 

One it was passed down to me, I used it everywhere. I brought it with me on holiday, to university and out and about. This bag is small but big enough to fit all my daily essentials and including a polaroid camera (for the days I feel like snapping some cool pics).

Last summer, and every other summer that I've spent in the U.K. prior to flying back to my homeland I would leave all my belongings at my granduncles place in London. From coats to shoes to bags. I had to leave this behind because It couldn't fit my luggage (actually writing this, I'm not entirely sure whether i left it there or brought it back - though i am 99% sure that I left it there over summer). When I arrived in London in September and collected all my belongings from him...

IT WAS GONE 


GONE 

GONE 

GONE

GOODBYE


This is too painful for me to write, and you might think I'm being dramatic but I'm not. The thought of it actually hurts me...


My granduncle  gave it away to charity because he thought it was his late wife's bag........


OH MY GOD 

I just can't right now DO YOU FEEL MY PAIN????????
AND NO IT IS NOT JUST A BAG. IT WAS SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT.

Because
you can buy a new bag but you can't buy its sentimental value. 


RIP GUCCI

Whoever buys my bag from the charity shop can RIP also..



SJY







You Might Also Like

0 comments