Haircvt

11:03 pm



Hello beautiful earthlings,


A day before my final paper, I decided to do something crazy - I dyed my hair. I know its nothing much to you lot who are extreme dare devils when it comes to hair colouring, but this was pretty major to me. After months of not seeing my parents, I thought that would surprise them at the airport with new hair! Before i actually decided to go through with this major step, I did weeks of research. I went through different colours, different hairstyles and in the end, I was left with three choices to choose from which were; Balayage, ombré,  or a dip dye. 



(1) Balayage is a hair coloring technique designed to create very natural-looking highlights that grow out without developing a noticeable and obvious root. Many stars and models use this process on their hair, and in response to popular demand, many salons offer it, especially in urban areas. Some pride themselves on their technique, considering themselves artisans of the craft and offering training to people who are interested in learning it.


This method of coloring emerged in Paris in the 1970s; the name is French for “to sweep,” a reference to the way in which the color is applied. After it was exported to the United States, balayage became extremely popular in the late 1990s. In the United States, the word is sometimes spelled “balliage.”
When hair is colored with the balayage process, the highlights are painted on by hand in a sweeping motion that moves from the base to the tip of the hair. At the base, the color is applied very lightly, while at the tip, the color is very heavy. The result is a chunky highlight that looks naturally sunbleached, and as the hair grows out, the root will be concealed for the first few months by the thinner color applied to the base of the hair.
(2) Ombre hair is a colouring effect in which the bottom portion of your hair looks lighter than the top portion. To achieve this effect, it is necessary to bleach the lower  portion of your hair. If you want to prevent a brassy or orangey colour, you can also dye the bottom part of your hair after you have bleached it. This extra step is not required, but it helps to helps to even out the tone of your ombré. 
(3) Dip-dyed hair is a trend amongst celebrities and fashionistas. You can either dye the ends of your hair to create an ombre look or go a step further and dye it a bright colour. 
After about two weeks of research, I decided to go with a balayage ombré/ombré balayage. A combination of highlights and a lower dye. I then came across this advertisement on Facebook about some hairstyles, hair salons etc in London. I checked it out and actually found a few ombré balayage style that i liked. The great thing about this website is that when you click on the style that you like, it  would show the price, place he/she got her hair done and also the stylist. I picked mine and booked my appointment.
I went to this salon in Dalston. The salon is called Smooth you Town Spa and the stylist who did my hair Andrea. As you can see in the picture above, he did a fantastic job! (Well at least I think so)  For those who are studying in London/England but who don't mind getting their hair dyed/style in london, feel free to check that website out.  Any questions about my new hair, feel free contact me on, ask me here

SJY

You Might Also Like

0 comments